Assistant Retail Store Manager - Smiggle - Chadstone
Job no: 654897
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - East
Categories: Retail - Management
- Work in a supportive environment with structured training and induction to continue your career development
- Join the "World's hottest" stationary brand – Smiggle; which is part of The Just Group's 7 amazing brands and advance your career to the next level
- Be rewarded for performance and receive 50% staff discounts on the original, fun and fashion forward Smiggle product
Smiggle, the world's hottest stationery brand, was born in 2003. The ultimate creators of colourful, fun, fashion-forward stationery. The first Smiggle store opened in Melbourne, Australia and word spread fast about the bright pens, notebooks and gadgets that filled a tiny, but very special place. Smiggle products are all about great design and innovation, bold colour, quirky graphics, great value and most of all – giving our fans the tools they need to have fun!
In 2007 Smiggle joined the Just Group and has not looked back since! Smiggle has exploded across the globe with stores in NZ, the UK and as of 2016 - Malaysia and Hong Kong! It's all part of the grand plan to be the world's most exciting and famous stationery brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Assistant Retail Store Manager of Chadstone Smiggle you will be responsible for working alongside the Store Manager to maximise sales, uphold the image of the brand and lead and inspire the team. You will lead by example and will have a proven track record in customer connection and know how to translate this to your team.
To succeed in this role you must be bright, customer oriented, have a passion for our products and delighted by kids and parents alike.
- Act as Store Manager when required, including opening and closing of the store
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Develop, train and succession plan team
- Manage and process stock
- Set up of instore promotions and visual merchandising
- Store administration; including daily reports, banking and cash handling
- Minimise stock loss through good disciplines and process
- Develop group member accountability for effective teamwork
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A proven track record in a retail environment
- Extensive knowledge in loss prevention, health & safety and visual merchandising
- Sound leadership skills
- Strong customer focus
- A passion for fashion!
At the Just Group we provide an environment where good performance is recognised and rewarded. When joining our team, you will also be offered:
- Comprehensive training and development plans, including an opportunity to be part of our Future Leaders Program which is designed to develop and train our future Store Managers
- Amazing career opportunities across 7 brands and 1,000 retail outlets
- Work for a company where 60% of our Store Management positions are filled internally
- Annual salary reviews
- 50% staff discounts
- Opportunities for product incentive
We attract, retain and motivate high calibre employees. Our outstanding leadership team have developed and nurtured a culture that supports our success. We value speed, integrity, energy, and results. We have a 'can do' culture where employees see the difference they make.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with Smiggle – where a smile meets a giggle. Click the 'Apply for this job' button today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now