Retail Store Manager - Smiggle - Victoria Gardens
Job no: 657810
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - Central
Categories: Retail - Management
- Work in a supportive environment with structured training and induction to continue your career development
- Join the "World's hottest" stationary brand – Smiggle; which is part of The Just Group's 7 amazing brands and advance your career to the next level
- Be rewarded for performance and receive 50% staff discounts on the original, fun and affordable Smiggle product
Smiggle, the world's hottest stationery brand, was born in 2003. The ultimate creators of colourful, fun, fashion-forward stationery. The first Smiggle store opened in Melbourne, Australia and word spread fast about the bright pens, notebooks and gadgets that filled a tiny, but very special place. Smiggle products are all about great design and innovation, bold colour, quirky graphics, great value and most of all – giving our fans the tools they need to have fun!
In 2007 Smiggle joined the Just Group and has not looked back since! Smiggle has exploded across the globe with stores in NZ, the UK and as of 2016 - Malaysia and Hong Kong! It's all part of the grand plan to be the world's most exciting and famous stationery brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail store manager to join the Smiggle Crew to lead and engage a team at our Victoria Gardens tore!
To succeed in this role you must be bright, customer oriented, have a passion for our products and delighted by kids and parents alike.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Develop, train and succession plan a team
- Processing and management of stock to maximise sales
- Daily management of stock and adherence to policies to minimise stock loss
- Set up of instore promotions and visual merchandising
- Manage rosters and wage targets
- Improve performance and productivity of the store team
- Store administration; including daily reports, banking and cash handling
- Create a safe working environment for your team
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a retail store manager
- Ability provide an exceptional and unique customer experience to maximise sales
- Proven ability to achieve and inspire a team deliver sales, wages, KPI & stock loss targets
- Strong visual merchandising skills working from a brief with a creative flair
- Experience in developing, managing and training a team
- Experience in succession planning your team
- Proven ability to minimise stock loss through good disciplines and process
- Extensive knowledge in health & safety
- An environment where great performance is recognised and rewarded
- 50% staff discounts and bonuses, plus opportunities for product incentives
- Coaching, training and development plans to set you up for a rewarding career
- Work for a company where 60% of our Store Management positions are filled internally
- Annual salary reviews
- Amazing career opportunities across 7 brands and 1,000 retail outlets plus a local Support Office in Richmond, Victoria
- The chance to win our "Store Manager of the year award" which has great prizes
- The chance to attend and participate in conferences
- The support to run the store like your own and to make decisions that impact your store's performance
- Regular interaction with key people at The Just Group Support Office
We attract, retain and motivate high calibre employees. Our outstanding leadership team have developed and nurtured a culture that supports our success. We value speed, integrity, energy, and results. We have a 'can do' culture where employees see the difference they make.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with Smiggle – where a smile meets a giggle. Click the 'Apply for this job' button today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now