Retail Store Manager | Smiggle | Chatswood
Job no: 686339
Work type: Full time
Location: Northern Suburbs, Sydney - Central
Categories: Retail - Management
- Join one of the most successful Australian grown Retail Groups, inclusive of 7 brands – Smiggle, Dotti, Jacqui E, Jay Jays, Just Jeans, Peter Alexander & Portmans
- Career progression across The Just Group is highly encouraged with 65% of Management roles filled internally
- Rotating weekend roster that supports a healthy work/life balance
Smiggle, the world’s hottest stationery brand, was born in 2003. The ultimate creators of colourful, fun, fashion-forward stationery. The first Smiggle store opened in Melbourne, Australia and word spread fast about the bright pens, notebooks and gadgets that filled a tiny, but very special place. Smiggle products are all about great design and innovation, bold colour, quirky graphics, great value and most of all – giving our fans the tools they need to have fun!
In 2007 Smiggle joined the Just Group and has not looked back since! Smiggle has exploded across the globe with stores in NZ, the UK, Ireland and as of 2016 - Malaysia and Hong Kong! It’s all part of the grand plan to be the world’s most exciting and famous stationery brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail Store Manager to join the Smiggle Crew to lead and develop a team of 6 at our Chatswood store on the lower North Shore of Sydney!
To succeed in this role you will have a passion for our products and delighted by kids and parents alike. You will approach every day with an attitude of play!
This is a full time permanent position and will require availability over weekends, late night trading hours and public holidays.
- Daily management of stock to minimise stock loss and maximise sales
- Implement brand visual merchandising strategies and promotional changes
- Develop, train and succession plan your team to increase productivity
- Create a safe working environment for your team and customers
- Roster your team in line with store’s trading profile
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Previous management experience, preferably in retail
- Ability to provide a genuine and unique customer experience
- Proven ability to achieve sales, wages, KPI’s & stock loss targets
- Previous Visual Merchandising experience working from a brief
- Experience in developing and coaching a team
- Structured 3 month training plan with Buddy Manager support
- Development plans to support your ongoing growth
- Competitive salary and the opportunity for monthly incentives
- 50% staff discounts on Smiggle product
- Dedicated Management training
We attract, retain and motivate high calibre employees. Our outstanding leadership team have developed and nurtured a culture that supports our success. We value speed, integrity, energy, and results. We have a 'can do' culture where employees see the difference they make.
HOW TO APPLY
This exciting and challenging opportunity awaits for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with Smiggle – where a smile meets a giggle!
Click the 'Apply for this job' button today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend